From figuring out what to wear to remembering where your new cube is, all while trying to learn the ropes and make a good first impression on your new boss and co-workers, your first day at a new job can be absolutely terrifying.
Want to make sure you start things off on the right foot? We curated some great pieces of advice for not only surviving your first day at a new job, but thriving.
- First things first, check out this awesome hour-by-hour guide to surviving your first day at a new job. (Lifehack)
- Coming into your job with an open mind can make all the difference when talking to your new colleagues and boss. (Forbes)
- Figuring out the coffee situation and getting organized are just as important during your first day as your more formal onboarding processes. (Business Insider)
- This might sound counterintuitive, but the old “fake it till you make it” mantra isn’t the best one to follow when you’re new. (Havard Business Review)
- Don’t just get physically ready for a new gig; make sure you’re mentally prepared, too. (Lifehacker)
- One of the most important things to do at a new job:set boundaries early.(DailyWorth)
- Keep your expectations low and be ready to adapt starting on day one. (99U)
- To make yourself even more successful at your new job, develop a 30/60/90 day plan.(Right Management)